Tuesday 16 October 2012

What's your road, man? — holyboy road, madman road, rainbow road, guppy road, any road. It's an anywhere road for anybody anyhow.



"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be
saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a
commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like
spiders across the stars"- Jack Kerouac On The Road

(I just wanted to include this poster from paris, because I was listening to that quote and then looked straight at it, also all three On The Road, Into The Wild and Lana all speak about stars shooting in the night sky).
 
So, I'm going to see the long awaited release of Walter Salles adaption of the infamous beat generation book On The Road. To put it bluntly, the trailer looks good but as my mother put it, just seems like the new 'bratt pack' showing what they can't do while ruining a classic (mostly because Kristen Stewart is in it). I should have probably posted about this after watching it, as it seems I'm pre-reveiwing it. I'm excited none the less, and it seems as if Lana Del Ray has jumped 'on the open road' bandwagon, and realesed Ride. 'I just am so mixed on Lana Del Ray' I found myself saying looking at her overpublished H&M adds, in some ways I'm sick of the sight of her and the pretenious self-indulgent Ride video, in other ways I just can't resist watching, listening and admiring the style of it all over and over.




I will always come back to Into The Wild.




Heres the soundtrack to my post featuring Canned Heat, aswell as Eddie Vedder - Into The Wild ST,Lana Del Rey, Neil Young -Heart Of Gold , Bob Dylan- Like a Rolling Stone, The Rolling Stones-Jumpin' Jack Flash:



No comments:

Post a Comment